We provide a full service to support compliance with local market legislation. And because every fleet is different, we’ve designed Visa to Drive so the company can just select the services they need.
What is Visa to Drive?
Visa to Drive is an online management tool that uses our software along with our team of expert auditors to collect, collate and verify your employees’ documentation to fulfil your duty of care obligations. We chase employees for incomplete documentation and, because we provide payroll files, we can also stop payments to employees, fine employees or deduct fuel costs in full, depending on your policy, if they don’t comply.
Visa To Drive offers companies a comprehensive suite of options for verifying Duty of Care-related documentation. These include:
Driving Licence Checks
We can complete driving licence checks from just £2.50 per check, with no added fees.
What checks do you do?
- DVLA Licence Checks
- International Licence Checks
- Additional Driver Licence Checks
How will it benefit me?
We handle the entire end-to-end process of checking driving licences. This will benefit your business by:
- Replacing cumbersome, time consuming paper based administration
- Instant licence checks via our highly secure web based portal
- Management of future checks, to minimise exposure to risk and ensure you are compliant
- We chase employees who require checks
We can undertake risk assessments of anyone who drives on behalf of your business. The findings of this can be blended with telematics and insurer data to create a risk profile of each driver. This profile can then be used to assess whether there is a need for targeted interventions such as on the road or online driver training.
The services we provide are:
- Driver Risk Assessment (Advanced Driver Training): This is where the employee completes a risk assessment
- Online Driver Training: ADT Modules agreed following the completion of the Driver Risk assessment
- In Car Training: With ADT following the results of the Driver Risk Assessment and the Online Driver Training
- Driver Behaviour Data: Using data from the TMC app and the various telematics providers, we get the driver behaviour scores for speeding, harsh braking, harsh acceleration, harsh corner and phone distractions/usage. These scores will then give the driver an overall score
Online Driver Training
Following the risk assessment, the majority of training needs are accommodated by on-line training modules. We will categorise by low, medium, and high risk drivers, and they will receive training appropriate for their group:
- Low Risk Drivers: not required to complete any training
- Medium Risk Drivers: will likely receive two or three on-line modules appropriate to the risks identified during the risk assessment
- High Risk Drivers: will be recommended to sit an online Hazard Perception Evaluation Test. On completion, the user will receive a number of short targeted modules based on their results.
On the Road Driver Training
In-vehicle training may be an appropriate control measure for very high risk drivers. These individual drivers will be identified flagged during the risk assessment.
The in-vehicle training these drivers will undertake will be unique according to their needs as identified by our assessments. This may vary from driver to driver, and will be constructed so that it focuses on areas that they need to improve in order to become more safe and compliant drivers.
Vehicle Safety Inspection
A key element of duty of care is to ensure that all vehicles, whether company owned or grey fleet, are safe to drive at all times.
Visa to Drive will provide you with auditable records of the below, so you can ensure your fleet has been subjected to regular safety checks:
- Vehicle Safety Inspection – photo uploads
- Oil Checks
- Tyre Pressure Checks
- Service Check
- Vehicle Age In-line With Policy
Ensuring grey fleet vehicles are road worthy is an essential part of duty and care compliance. Visa to Drive gives you the confidence that every vehicle within your fleet is road worthy.
Our system allows your drivers to upload their MOT certificates online, which will then be checked and verified by TMC. This will ensure that your grey fleet vehicles are legally allowed on the road.
Fleet Policy Acceptance
We upload your fleet policy into the system and drivers must read and confirm they have understood it by selecting a tick box on their account.
Drivers cannot log mileage until they have confirmed the policy has been read. When any changes to the policy are made, the drivers must again declare that they have read and understood the new policy.
Grey Fleet Insurance Policies
If you operate a grey fleet, it’s essential that your drivers have business class insurance when driving their own vehicles for work purposes.
With Visa to Drive, drivers are required to upload their insurance details to our online system which are then verified by one of our expert auditors. Upon renewal, the same process will have to be adhered to.
Should an employee fail to submit their policy on time, we will chase them directly and let you know that the driver has breached your fleet policy.
With Visa to Drive you can be sure that your grey fleet drivers are insured at all times, and we will handle the process from start to finish.
Watch our short animation to see how Visa to Drive can help you.
If you would like any additional information, please contact us here.