This policy (together with our Acceptable Use Policy, Terms of Website Use, Cookies Policy and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us is used by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
The Miles Consultancy Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 04679336 and has its registered office and main trading address at Spring Farm Business Park, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Cheshire, CW1 4RJ. It is a limited company.
Business Park, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Cheshire, CW1 4RJ. It is a limited company.
This policy covers:
- Information we collect from you
- IP addresses
- Uses made of the information we collect
- How we store your information
- Our retention of your information
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights in relation to your information
- Other websites
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- First and last name and title
- Email address
- Work phone number
- Information that you provide by voluntarily filling in forms on our site com (our “site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services such as name, business email address and business telephone number. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us by phone or email, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, images of you linked to your contact details which you have made public, weblogs and other communication data
- Information relating to email correspondence we have sent to you which enables us to see when you have opened an email we have sent to you and when you have opened any links within that email
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to interested parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services to your employer
- For the purpose of our legitimate business interests, which include:
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- providing your employer with information, products or services that they request from us or which we feel may interest them
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- notifying you about changes to our service
How we store your information
The data that we collect from you is stored on cloud servers in the UK. We maintain storage and processing practices that are designed to promote the integrity and confidentiality of personal data. We update and test our security measures on an ongoing basis and have ISO 27001 and PCI DSS accreditation. We use commercially acceptable means to protect your data but we cannot guarantee its absolute security as the transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure.
Our retention of your information
We retain your data for as long as necessary to enable us to: (i) provide the relevant products and services and fulfil our contractual obligations to your employer; and (ii) send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to your employer.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group and to the following third parties:
- To your employer in order for us to provide our products and services to them
- To any suppliers or sub-contractors engaged by us to enable us to provide our products and services to your employer. Such suppliers or sub-contractors must comply with our data protection and security requirements
- To other suppliers providing services to TMC provided such suppliers comply with our data protection and security requirements
- Any potential purchaser of, or investor in, The Miles Consultancy Limited or its business and assets
Your rights in relation to your information
The Miles Consultancy Limited adheres to data protection laws which are applicable to us and our services. For data subjects in the UK and the EEA where we are a data controller, this includes providing you with the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing
- You have a right to request access to and rectification of your personal data. You can view, edit or delete certain of your personal information via our mileage capture system, or you may ask us to correct, update or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting our customer service team
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority
- You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you – please refer to the Contact section below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.