The Miles Consultancy (TMC) delivers visibility, control and cost savings across fleets by consolidating, analysing and auditing mileage, fuel and fleet data.
TMC’s award-winning services typically save our customers 15.4% off their fuel spend.
Their services cover company cars, LCVs, cash allowance and grey fleet drivers, with or without fuel cards.
TMC works with more than 300 blue chip companies, providing services to over 110,000 users in 45 countries.
A company’s quest to reduce costs & increase compliance.
How TMC helped an electronics multinational identify mobility savings, consolidate their fleet and move from 16 fuel cards to one!
The electronics multinational approached TMC with a remit to help them consolidate a fragmented fleet, improve reporting, reduce costs and create synergies:
- 314 users
- 11 markets
Fuel+ is TMC’s unique fuel management service.
- TMC works with a number of payment partners and proposed the fuel card solution that best met their objectives.
- TMC handles card issue and control, assuming all administrative and supply chain responsibilities.
- Drivers record their business journeys on our Mileage Capture and Audit system or via TMC’s GPS-enabled app.
- Business and personal miles are separated.
- TMC audit each and every business journey, and where any abnormalities are spotted, we follow up with the driver.
- Every month, TMC send a payroll ready file for private mileage deductions.
- TMC overlay mileage and fuel data to provide comprehensive reporting on fuel costs and the performance of the fleet.
The HSBC corporate credit card was the perfect solution for the electronic multinational. With unrivalled coverage across Europe – accepted at every fuel station and electric charging point that accepts Mastercard – it was suitable for all drivers across their 11 markets.
TMC has helped the electronics multinational set up and implement a new fuel solution. Replacing the company’s 16 fuel cards with one, has cut fuel costs, fees and administration time and allowed the company to consolidate a fragmented fuel card scheme and reporting structure.
- Each market is set up according to local guidelines and regulations.
- Drivers have access to TMC’s multi-lingual globally accessible app to capture mileage.
- Fleet reporting and management have been centralised and consolidated.
- Savings and synergies have been achieved through TMC’s audit and reporting processes.
- The company has transitioned from multiple closed loop fuel card providers to HSBC’s open loop fuel card scheme with chip and pin security.
- Drivers now have maximum choice of filling stations and are no longer constrained by fuel card networks.
The company has transitioned from multiple closed loop fuel card providers to HSBC’s open loop fuel card scheme with chip and pin security.
Drivers now have maximum choice of filling stations and are no longer constrained by fuel card networks.
- The identification of misuse/abuse of fuel cards.
- Fuel cards are now allocated to a driver and no longer associated/tied to a particular vehicle.
- A reduction in actual business fuel costs by focusing drivers’ attention on purchasing fuel from lower cost retailers such as supermarkets.
- Consolidated reporting across multiple markets.
TMC were able to deliver a total fuel management solution that is seamless, easy to use and employee focused. Driver convenience was a key requirement, so HSBC’s fuel card, underpinned by Mastercard was the ideal solution – allowing drivers to fill up at the widest possible network; anywhere that accepts Mastercard, and enables drivers to use pay at pump facilities. Having just one fuel card reduced the team’s administration and Fuel+ has brought all the data together in a single dashboard.
The electronics multinational has experienced success with the first phase ( 11 markets) of their consolidation project and are looking to roll out the TMC Fuel+ solution in Greece and Turkey.
They have also identified a further €68,000 of savings per annum by using TMC’s TaxIQ product, a VAT recovery and receipt management solution.
TMC has also been asked by the company to help them explore the replacement of their legacy fleet management system (FMS) and suppliers through our Transition+ and Data+ services. Transition+ consolidates data across multiple fleet providers and markets into a single reporting platform. The service manages invoiced costs from legacy providers to ensure consistency with the existing vehicles in the fleet.