This policy (together with our Acceptable Use Policy, Collection of Personal Data, Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is THE MILES CONSULTANCY LIMITED. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 04679336 and have our registered office at Spring Farm Business Park, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Cheshire, CW1 4RJ. Our main trading address is Spring Farm Business Park, Moss Lane, Minshull Vernon, Cheshire, CW1 4RJ.
We are a limited company.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Paul Jackson.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided by your employer in order for us to provide our mileage capture and associated services to your employer including but not limited to:
- Email address
- Contact phone number (s)
- Home postcode
- Details of place of work
- Your fuel card number and associated details
- The car scheme of your employer which applies to you
- Information entered by you by providing your mileage and associated data on our mileage capture system including but not limited to:
- Car registration
- Car details
- Odometer readings
- Details of licence endorsements, convictions, MOT, motor insurance, road fund licence
- Details of licence endorsements, convictions, MOT certificate, motor insurance, road fund licence (which, (1) where you provide complete a Data Protection Mandate will include your full name, driving licence number, country of issue of driving licence, date of birth, home address an any other relevant address (2) where you provide a copy of the your motor insurance certificate will include all the details contained therein, which could include, home address, date of birth, other named drivers, disabilities, age etc)
- Trip detail (trip mileage, purpose, date, to and from locations, whether a passenger was taken on the trip, length of time out of office, whether you purchased a meal, VAT receipts, GPS co-ordinates/locations)
- Details of hire car or other temporary cars
- Information submitted by you in any appeal process through our site or by calling our call centre or otherwise contacting us by phone or email
- Data from your employer’s fuel card provider or other corporate card provider relating to the spend held on the card (s) used by you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.themilesconsultancy.com/ (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or a note of information provided in calls.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a web site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web site on each subsequent visit, or to another web site that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a web site to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies used on this web site by category are set out below.
Session Cookies: Our web site uses Session Cookies to enable data you enter to be saved to your company account. No personal details are held in the cookie and once you have completed your data entry and either logged off or been timed out by the system, the Cookie is deleted.
We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide our mileage capture, audit and associated products and services to your employer
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between us and your employer.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide your employer with information, products or services that they request from us or which we feel may interestthem..
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals, but we may provide third parties who work with and/or advise the Government on tax issues and policies relating to or affecting private and business mileage, company cars and taxation thereof, carbon emissions etc., with aggregate information from data collected from or about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help the Government directly in these areas.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To any suppliers or subcontractors engaged in the provision of our services and products.
- If THE MILES CONSULTANCY LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.